Finally, the DishPointer Maps app has been released for the iPhone/iPod Touch. This dedicated app is a lot more convenient than opening dishpointer.com in the iPhone browser and a real time saver. Available immediately from the App Store.
The features include:
- Automatic location update: The app uses your location information (e.g. GPS) and opens the map right at that point. You can toggle this automatic location update by pressing the locator button at the bottom left.
- Location search: You can manually search for any location by clicking the address button at the bottom and then either entering an address, zip code, post code, latitude and longitude in the address box. The map automatically zooms to that location and draws the lines.
- Works with any satellite: Just enter the satellite position, select whether it’s east or west (e.g. 110 West) and press the Done button at the top right. The new alignment line is drawn automatically.
- Map types: You can switch between different map types (standard, satellite, hybrid) by pressing the info button at the bottom right.
- Alignment info: By tapping the marker, you’ll get alignment information such as true azimuth, magnetic azimuth (when using a compass) elevation, and skew angle of either the LNB or the dish. The skew angle gives BY how much you have to wheel it and is positive clockwise when standing behind the dish.
- Gestures enabled: You can tap and drag the marker to any location on the map. For zooming you can use pinch gestures, double tap, or the zoom controls.
This makes it really easy for aligning any satellite dish. If you use dishpointer.com a lot, then get this app now by clicking here.